Satisfy your sweet tooth with the classic comfort of homemade chocolate chip cookies. These warm, gooey delights are a staple in every baker’s repertoire. Here’s a simple recipe to create your own batch of irresistible chocolate chip cookies.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semisweet and/or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour and baking soda. Set this dry mixture aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, light-brown sugar, and salt until the mixture is light and fluffy. This can take about 2-3 minutes with an electric mixer or longer if done by hand.
- Beat in the pure vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry flour mixture to the wet mixture, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; you want the cookie dough to be cohesive but not overly worked.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, drop rounded tablespoons of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart to allow for spreading.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown but the centers are still soft.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, serve and enjoy your homemade chocolate chip cookies!
These cookies are perfect for any occasion, whether you’re baking them for family, friends, or just for yourself. Serve them with a glass of milk for the ultimate classic treat.