Looking for a delicious and healthier banana bread option? Try this low-fat banana bread recipe that’s both tasty and guilt-free. With reduced fat and all the banana goodness, it’s a win-win!
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (low-fat)
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans, optional)
- Cooking spray or parchment paper for greasing
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, applesauce, Greek yogurt, honey (or maple syrup), eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon (if using).
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- If you like, fold in the chopped nuts to add some crunch and extra flavor to your banana bread batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the banana bread to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, slice and enjoy your low-fat banana bread guilt-free!
Feel free to customize this recipe by adding chocolate chips, dried fruits, or other nuts to suit your taste. This healthy banana bread is perfect for breakfast, as a snack, or even as a dessert. Enjoy!